Sunday, October 24, 2010
Project and its attributes
• A Project is made up of Objects and Owners.
• A Project consists of OneWorld objects that have been modified or created by a developer.
• A Project includes Owners who play different roles in the development process.
• All development of OneWorld Objects will be done in the context of a Project.
• The first time a developer uses OMW a Default Project is created.
• The Default Project is named after the user’s ID.
• All development done outside of OMW is stored in the Default Project.
• Default Projects cannot be advanced to another status code.
• User Roles define the allowed actions a specific user can perform on a project.
• The administrator assigns allowed actions to each User Role.
• You may add as many people to each User Role in a project as necessary.
• Traditionally a OneWorld Object was defined as any object created in Object Librarian. : Applications, Business Functions, Business Views, UBEs, Data Structures, Tables, Media Objects
• The definition has now been expanded to include non-Object Librarian Objects: Data Dictionary Items, User Defined Codes, Workflow Items, Menus, Versions
• A Token has a One-to-One relationship with the following objects: Applications, Business Functions, Business Views, UBEs, Data Structures, Tables, Media Objects and Batch Versions
• The Token is used to minimize the possibility of one user overriding another user’s changes to an object.
• When an object is checked out and is not already checked out by another user, the project receives a Token.
• A Token can be released, switched or inherited.
• The Token is released by the project when the project reaches the status designated by the administrator for release.
• A Token is not released by the project when the object is checked back in.
Queue up for token
This option is available to the developer upon realizing another project holds the token.
This option is also available to the developer upon realizing another project holds the token.
This option must be performed by an owner of the project that currently holds the token.
This action can only be performed by an owner defined in the Object Management Configuration program. The recommendation is for a manager to be allowed to perform this action.
Enables the administrator to set the following general constants pertaining to OMW Projects:
• Project Status for Users' Personal Default Projects
• Project Status for All New Projects
• User Role to be Assigned to the Project's Originator
SAR System Integration
• For J.D Edwards internal development and clients using the SAR system.
• Integrates all development with the SAR System.
• Tracks information about projects and objects.
• All actions are logged by OneWorld User ID.
• Administrators can reduce logging detail.
• A major log is created whenever:
o A project is created, copied, or deleted
o The project status is changed
o A new or existing object is added to or removed from a project
Object Action Notification
• Enables you to activate or deactivate object action notification.
• Sends you an e-mail each time an event occurs to one of your objects, such as check in or check out.
• Object action notification is enabled by default.
• Sends e-mail messages to users regarding changes to objects in the system, such as when an object is checked in or checked out.
• Allows you to add, delete, and modify notification subscriptions, as well as to sort notification subscription records by criteria you select.
• Object Transfer Activity Rules
• Define FROM and TO locations for each object type at each project status transition
• Define get locations for all object types
• Define check out and check in locations for Object Librarian objects
• User Roles define the user's function within the project organization.
• When defining user roles, you specify a User Defined Code value or job title for roles that can be performed on a project.
o 01 Originator
o 02 Developer
o 03 Manager
o 04 Quality Assurance
o 05 PVC Administrator
• Rules that define the actions that may be performed by a project owner who has been assigned a certain user role.
• Rules are set up for each user role, object type, and project status
o 02 Check in
o 03 Check out
o 04 Delete
o 05 Add
o 10 Design
o Indicates the save-off location for Object Librarian (OL) Objects.
o The save location must be different than the check in location.
o Save-off work in development that is not ready to be checked in.